Friday, November 30, 2007

A leaf from the LooseLeaf Sketchbook


I began a practice of going to Borders on Sunday mornings to enjoy a bagel and coffee and to draw a bit a few months ago. I started out by drawing tons of figures in various poses. Mostly quick stick drawings, but a few I fleshed out because they just seemed to want it. Here's a peek of something I did during one of those sessions.

I don't know what to say about the fascination I have in drawing tree stumps. I have been drawing them since the age of 12. But they are great seats for the fey.

1 comment:

Field Notes said...

That's a sketch you made at Borders?! Very pretty fairy. Wow I wish I had your knack for sketches; the only thing I can draw freestyle is... um not much! I have to look at multiple different pictures to create the primate portraits I do in pastel.