Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Lily Bear — Bear in a Box #3

<span class=

A little history.

These bears-in-a-box come from multiple sources of inspiration. The primary inspiration is the Anano Bear which is made by a woman from Japan. You have to see them to believe in their cuteness.

Another place was the Blog of MollyChicken a marvelous crafter out of England, I believe, who I first saw because she had put one of her gorgeous Bears on eBay for charity. Without her patterns for a dress and a coat, I wouldn't of made these bears for my nieces. I mostly made my own bears because I couldn't possibly afford one of hers, they are made of mohair, I use fleece. And well, I like to make things, my way.

I took the pattern for the bear, pets and bags out of a great Japanese craft book I picked up from a place n Arlington Heights called Mitsuwa which has a full service book store now. The pattern for the bear wasn't exactly what I wanted, so I enlarged the head quite a bit. The pattern for the Beret I made up.

These bears remind me of the dolls I used to have as a child, the ones in a traveling box that came with clothes and hangers. I loved those dolls and I wanted my three youngest nieces to have the same experience. After the success Lacey Bear (#1) had pleasing a niece, I decided to make more. I created a Bear Questionnaire for my other nieces so I would know some of their favorite things, as they change constantly. Strangely enough, both Girls choose "L" names for their Bears, Lisa and Lucy. Thus the "L" series of bears were born.

Lily Bear was made for a woman I work for and it will be a gift for her Granddaughter on Christmas.

Without futher ado, Lily Bear's fashion show:

<span class=

The whole inside.

<span class=

Taveling outfit for fashionable bears.

<span class=

The vet is in!

<span class=

Super-Star Lily! With Oscar!

<span class=

Walking the cat outfit.

<span class=

Summer Dress!

No comments: